This workshop, with a focus on the role of a People’s Assembly, is being held on Friday 31 January, 6pm, at Edmund Kell Hall in Southampton. Book your tickets here
Hope for the Future are specialists in training citizens to have effective conversations with their representatives. This workshop focuses on how a People’s Assembly can deliver a mandate that will help Southampton City Council make faster progress towards net zero. We will cover:
- What is the climate emergency and what does it mean to reach net-zero?
- What is the structure of the local authority in your area?
- What is a People’s Assembly, and how have other areas utilised them successfully?
- How to have effective conversations with councillors that make them take action
- Using events and petitions to support your campaign
Please arrive at 6pm for a 6:30pm prompt start.
** For this event we’re asking for guests to bring some snacks for us all to share. To be on the safe side, please aim for vegetarian and avoid anything with nuts. **